The rules are designed for the welfare of the fish, the comfort of our guests and a general concern for maintaining the environment. All visitors are requested to familiarise themselves with the fishery rules before fishing.
Rigs and Line
- 15lb main line recommended (max – 18lb)
- Three rods maximum per peg
- All hooks must be micro barb no curved hooks.
- No hooks bigger than size N° 4
- No nailer hooks or bent hooks are allowed.
- 360 and Ronnie Rig are banned
- No braided main lines
- All rigs must allow fish to free themselves in case of a breakage. Peg 4 should drop the lead and be mindful of the snag.
- No leaders on any kind and no lead core
- Only tubing and no longer than 1 metre.
In the interest of fish safety, regular rig checks will be carried out.
- No artificial bait of any kind to be used. Including tipping baits with plastic.
- Only seeds purchased and cooked on site to be used.
- Boilies and pellet only between March and June.
- All nuts are forbidden.
- Maggots are not permitted.
- No shelf life baits only fresh/freezer baits to be used.
- Large unhooking mats, slings and landing nets are provided. You are not allowed to bring any of your own items on site.
- Anglers must carry carpcare kits and must treat every fish accordingly
- All fish MUST be photographed and weighed in the water. You need chest waders.
- All fish must be immediately released once photographed
- NO sacking of ﬁsh – they are banned
- All fish over 55lb/25kg must be notified to the owner who will assist you with weighing and photography. Do not attempt to do this on your own.
- All boots and waders must be dipped before you start fishing.
- You are not allowed to leave your rods unattended at any time.
- Bait-boats are allowed
- The use of any boats other than bait boats is forbidden
- Only green bivvies or camouflage pattern are accepted
- Fishing is always catch and release
- No stalking allowed
- All litter must be placed in the appropriate 3 bins provided – glass – tins, plastic, card – general waste
Any infringement of the rules may result in being asked to leave the venue with no refund.